Monday 17 November 2014

Hiwi the Kiwi Story

                                                                                                                                                             Dad told  me to "Put on my life jacket."

I replied "What about yours."

He answered  "Thanks for reminding me"

Once we were quite a way out to sea dad cast his line. Suddenly he jumped up and exclaimed , "I felt a pull!"

He asked "Can you bring me a bucket of ice?"

I answered  "Ok" and bought him some salt as well.

"What's this for?" He asked

 I answered "It's a salt water fish so you need salt ice, otherwise it will go off."  Dad started reeling in the line. I handed him a wet towel and he picked up the fish. It was enormous. Dad started jumping around yelling out how happy he was. He jumped so hard he made the boat rock. He told me it was       the biggest fish he had ever caught.

I whispered " Dad put it back under my breath."
       
"What was that" he asked

Again I said "Dad put it back," a little more loudly this time

He just stared at me then said "What, why on earth would I put it back?"

"Because it is a mother fish and if you don't catch it there will be more fish in the sea once it has had it's baby's.


Dad replied "Okay" and gently lowered it back into the sea.

 When we got back to the shore we took our life jackets off and unloaded the fish. We had three 30cm    fish.

Dad said " thank you you taught me an awful lot today."

"Thank you for taking me with you" I replied.

He answered "I should take you with me with more often."


1 comment:

  1. Feedback
    *change some of the saids to something different
    *good use of speech
    *good use of putting the lessons you learned in

    From Emelia.

    ReplyDelete