Tuesday 25 November 2014

The Accident 

Bang! All you could see was a cloud of blackness. As the black fog stated clearing away you could make out the shapes of two cars and a child until there was a bang of smoke and an oily fire.

I couldn't see anything through the black smoke. My eyes stung with the heat. I could smell the smoke there was so much it was filling my lungs and choking me. I could feel my sisters tight grip. I could hear the distant sound of the fire engine and an ambulance getting closer and closer.

Someone started prising my hand from my sisters tight grasp so I clung on tighter but they eventually managed to get my hand free from hers.                    

I woke up to find myself in my bed at home. I looked down at the bottom bunk expecting to see my sister but all I saw was a neatly made bed. I called out for my dad but my voice only came out as a croak. I called again  but the only sound I could make was a croak, my dad didn't come. Fear gripped me and I started to panic. I looked to see if my sister really was there. I hadn't been imagining it she really wasn't there. Tears started welling up in my eyes. Then I remembered what had happened. I told myself to calm down, but the memory of the accident haunted me like a ghost on the prowl.

Finally my dad did come. I asked "where is my sister."

Dad answered "she is in the hospital." But then he  saw the worried look on my face and added "with a broken arm." Once he had said that I relaxed a little and calmed down.

Once dad had left I went back to sleep and dreamed about my sister coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment